Some facts for the current App
- Currently, we named our App as Digital Forest.
- We achieved a 1 cm mean absolute error (MAE) for tree diameter measurement.
- We are working on dealing with irregular shape of trees and camera rotations.
- Our goal is to reach at least 90% accuracy for common North American hardwood species identification.
- We are working on collecting a vast bark image database for North American hardwood species.
- Currently, we reach a Appx. 75% accuracy for 22 different North American hardwood Species when the camera distance is less than 1 meters from the bark.
- We are improving the accuracy and making the classification model more suitable for the camera distance from 0.5 m to 3 m, a diameter measurement distance.
Figure 1. Screenshot
We need your feedback!
Check here to have a try of our App if you use the iPhone 12 Pro or later. Support for older iOS device will come soon.